|Category||Software Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Manager Software Development - AWS Glue & Lake Formation
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an
infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS, you can
requisition compute power, storage, and other services - paying as you
go for only the resources you need. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud, has over 400,000 third party developers writing applications for the platform and is currently used by leading companies like New York Times, Netflix and NASA/JPL. See details at http://aws.amazon.com.
The Database Services group provides rapidly growing, industry acclaimed cloud services in areas of big data platforms, data warehouses, analytics, and operational databases. The group is at the forefront of innovation in these areas producing world-class cloud services, which while large profitable businesses, are also in their infancy. They represent a large fraction of the AWS business, and continue to accelerate.
AWS Glue is a fully managed, next-generation data integration service. AWS Glue makes it simple and cost-effective to organize and categorize your data, as well as clean, enrich, and prepare it for fast analytics.
We are starting a new team in our New York/New Jersey office to focus on a new product in the space of data analytics. We are looking for an experienced leader to drive the product from the ground up.
Joining AWS Glue gives you the opportunity to:
• Work on a disruptive product that's in a growth stage
• Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize Big Data computing in the cloud
• Build a product that will leverage the scale of resources available in the cloud
• Work for a company that's a recognized leader in the cloud computing space
• Be involved in the fast growing, Big Data analytics space
• Lead and grow a software development team responsible for rethinking traditional data warehousing, analytics, and database architectures
• Manage the design, implementation, test, and deployment of software
• Conceive innovative new solutions for our customers, at the intersection of multiple fields: Big Data, analytics, warehousing, and machine learning.
• Mentor senior engineers and managers, provide leadership on complex technical issues, design tradeoffs, and feature and schedule prioritization
• Work with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, and influence our technical and business strategy
• Help hire talented engineers and managers
This position within the Big Data team represents an unusual opportunity to shape the technology and future of a rapidly evolving industry and business. As with all Amazon positions, you will also be deeply customer-centric.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 9+ years of software industry experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, leading technical professionals (software developers and/or software development managers)
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science or Engineering
• A leadership position in a team delivering big data technologies, databases, storage, or distributed systems
• Enterprise SaaS product experience
• Work experience delivering one or more version one products
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Superior analytical and problem solving skills
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://www.amazon.jobs/
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.