|Category||Software Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Are you interested in shaping the future of Advertising and B2B Marketing? We are a growing team with an exciting charter and need your passion, innovative thinking, and creativity to help take our products to new heights.
Amazon Advertising operates at the intersection of eCommerce and advertising, offering a rich array of digital advertising solutions with the goal of helping our customers find and discover anything they want to buy. We help advertisers reach Amazon customers on Amazon owned and operated sites and on other high quality sites across the web. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising. If you're interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, world-class advertising product with a relentless focus on the customer, you've come to the right place.
The future of our business is compelling and we are focused on building a robust, innovative business, enabling advertisers of all sizes. Our advertising products range from eCommerce ads that integrate the power of familiar shopping features to visually stunning Kindle screensavers. We can reach customers on Amazon properties, both web and mobile, and across our ad platform. A strategic part of our charter is to build a portfolio of self-service, cost-per-click advertising programs to enable both large and small advertisers to engage with customers in relevant ways. Core to these programs is our understanding of our advertisers and marketing programs from a robust analytical perspective. Teams are dedicated to diving deep into telemetry and performance data to drive insights and future marketing strategy to grow our self-service advertising programs among advertisers.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will join the Marketing Science team that is composed of science, engineering, and product functions. Marketing Science empowers Amazon to transform its business-to-business (B2B) marketing and advertiser communication initiatives into smarter programs that are tailored to advertisers' educative needs. You will define the technical strategy for our personalized guidance and education service driving B2B marketing communications. You help your team evolve by actively participating in the code review process, design discussions, team planning, and ticket/metric reviews. You will take a leading role in evolving the architecture and expanding its capabilities. You will mentor and set an example for a team of top-notch technical professionals with a focus on sustained operational excellence.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Advanced Degree (MS/ME/PhD) in computer science or related discipline or 6+ years of relevant industry experience
• 5+ years of experience in the job offered or a related occupation must involve: designing and developing large-scale, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services using Java, C#, or C++, and Object Oriented Design.
• Working knowledge of REST, OAuth, transactional and NoSQL data stores and big data processing systems.
• Familiarity with building machine learning backed products or services.
• Experience influencing professional software engineering practices and best practices for building and supporting great software services
• Experience with AWS offerings or their equivalents
• Problem solving skills and ability to resolve ambiguous requirements