|Category||Leadership Development & Training||Job type||Full Time|
Amazon is seeking an accomplished and experienced Web Developer to build and sustain engaging, interactive, low latency, web-based tools and applications to support operation leadership programs and services. Amazon is committed to delivering impactful web-based solutions and place a high value on understanding our end users' learning and development needs.
The Web Developer will ensure and elevate the user-experience and functionality of learning related web-based products. Working closely with non-technical customers and stakeholders to define and scope requirements the web developer will adopt and promote best practices for web development, including code quality, version control, documentation, testing, deployment and maintenance.
The candidate must have a deep expertise and hands on experience in modern web development skills/languages, including HTML, CSS, JS, and JS frameworks (Vue, React, etc.) Due to the current OTD production platform they must also have experience with Ruby on Rails. They should also demonstrate a strong understanding of UI, accessibility standards and cross-browser compatibility.
Role may be based in Luxembourg, or other regional offices across EU.
• Familiarity with React, Vue or another modern front end framework
• Experience with Ruby on Rails
• 3+ years of experience developing tools/applications/web-based user interfaces
• Good knowledge of UI design principles with a strong eye for web typography, color, and layout
• Ability to problem-solve in the face of ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task
• Experience collaborating and working with international stakeholders
• Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization and with different levels of technological understanding
• Experience with AWS technologies (DynamoDB, Cloudfront, S3 etc.)
• Understanding and experience in working with Learning Management Systems (LMS)
• Understanding of eLearning standards including SCORM, AICC, and xAPI
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.