|Category||Investigation & Loss Prevention||Job type||Full Time|
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, providing virtualized infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and many other services to customers all over the world. AWS runs a globally distributed environment, operating at massive levels of scale. Businesses, from start-ups to enterprises, run their operations and applications on AWS's multi-tenant infrastructure.
AWS Security is looking for an action-oriented individual to oversee daily shift operations within the AWS Security Operations Centre (SOC). You will work with technicians and other shift leaders to triage, escalate, and manage responses to all events impacting or threatening AWS personnel, property and assets worldwide and report directly to the AWS Physical SOC Manager.
The shift leader will be the lead decision maker within the operations centre and will help identify, assess and coordinate communication. You will respond to security related incidents and crisis and also quality check and assist in the programming of access control devices. You will quality check team members work by reviewing metrics, recorded calls, ticketing system coordination, alarm response and device programming.
The AWS SOC Lead will ensure all technicians are aware of and properly adhere to procedures, Service Level Agreements and will lead on-the-job training. Using proprietary and commercially available sources of information and software, you will monitor risks that could negatively affect AWS sites including human security threats, weather, natural and man-made disasters, and political unrest. This role will also monitor internal and external systems to identify, assess, and manage communications to team members, regional leaders, affected organisations (external or internal) and stakeholders throughout the incident life-cycle.
You must have a proven record of effective leadership capabilities, be innovative and creative when working to solve problems, and demonstrate good judgment while under pressure. You should also be able to operate autonomously, use discretion when dealing with sensitive information, and apply sound business principles and data analysis to identify problems and initiate actions to address them. Along with direct shift responsibilities, the AWS SOC Lead will coordinate and train all team members to ensure the AWS SOC is functionally staffed at all times.
The AWS SOC is a 24/7 operation and shift work will be required.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• Bachelor's Degree in a related subject (Communications, Criminal Justice, Political Science, etc.) or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job
• 5+ years of working in a security or emergency operations centre
• 3+ years in a leadership role
• 5+ years of experience with access control or physical access management systems (ex: Lenel, Multi-Max, C-Cure, Honeywell, etc.)
• Certification in access control or alarm monitoring suite
• Track record of creative problem solving, and the desire to create and build new processes
• High-level customer service skills as demonstrated by way of previous work history
• Experience maintaining metrics and SLAs, strong time management and multitasking skills, as well as attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to concisely and effectively address questions while providing subject matter expertise on policy to associates and management across diverse AWS sites
• Demonstrated working knowledge in Workplace Violence, Crisis Management - Business Continuity / Emergency Response Experience in balancing stress and workload to ensure success and continuity of operations
• Project management skills and ability to demonstrate proficiency at using MS SharePoint, and MS Office software suite
• Willingness to be active in the training, coaching, and development the team
• Ability to deep dive issues and maintain customer focus
• ASIS CPP/PSP, ISMI CSMP or equivalent certification
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.