|Category||Investigation & Loss Prevention||Job type||Full Time|
The Bad Actor Disincentives team is responsible for removing the incentive for Bad Actors while accurately and fairly paying millions of third-party Sellers. The team works to ensure that bad actors cannot profit from using our services to abuse customers, selling partners and our store. We protect Amazon Customers and control funds disbursed to Sellers by calculating how much of a Seller's funds should be reserved, seizing funds from enforced Bad Actors, delaying payments, recovering Seller bad debt and credit abuse. While we obsess over customers, we specialize in obsessing over bad actors to identify their friction points and multiply them exponentially in ways that don't impact good sellers.
Our vision is to ensure Bad Actors never receive a dollar from Selling on Amazon and abusing our policies to get credit / reimbursement from Amazon. This is done with minimal friction for good Sellers, clearly communicated policies, and accurate calculations. If we successfully achieve our vision then Bad Actors will stop committing misconduct on Amazon's marketplace and abusing our policies.
We are looking for a leader who indexes on Think Big, Ownership, and Earns Trust to manage operations within BAD org.
• Identify bad actors at scale and prevent them from abusing our store through credit abuse, through policy development and leadership of your team.
• Manage an operations team of managers and elite investigators working on high judgement high risk investigations
• Play a critical role in building management depth by providing guidance and mentorship to all levels of leadership within your organizational units, as well as serving as an outstanding role model.
• Develop employees and their skill sets to expand the team capabilities and provide growth opportunities for future Amazon leaders including application of succession planning at all levels across all teams.
• Manage and execute for defined metrics and quality, maintain clear metrics on our investigation handling volumes, performance, and decision quality.
• Achieve operational excellence and drive process improvement in our service level agreements (SLAs) for all processing activities.
• Analyze the key levers of the business to identify bad debt trends and proactively take action to eliminate root cause defects.
Keys to success in this role include exceptional leadership, analytical, managerial, interpersonal, and project management skills. This role blends operations and program management. Amazon is one of the world's most trusted companies. Help us keep it that way.
• Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
• 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
• 5+ years of experience in program or project management
• 5+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
• Experience in people management
Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, engineering with relevant work experience.
• At least 10 years experience in leading operations and program management.
• Experience of managing and developing two levels of management and their direct reports.
• Have a track record of implementing, delivering large projects and communicating effectively an executive level.
- Excellent stakeholder management, including with senior leadership.
Ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems -Experience with abuse, risk management, compliance or similar product initiatives -Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously -Proficient with basic SQL queries