|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Audible.com, a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon.com, is a leading provider of spoken audio content and productions. Whether it be books, magazines, radio shows, daily newspapers, or original content, our global listeners expect nothing but the best from Audible. To meet and exceed our customers' expectations, Audible IT Operations is looking to hire a multi-faceted professional to join its Systems Engineering team to help support the back-office infrastructure so our internal departments and teams can continue to deliver a great Audible experience.
As a Systems Engineer, you will manage maintenance duties such as patching, firmware updates, and software deployments, and work on improving these activities. As Audible continues to expand and adapt to a different way of working, you will also be an integral part of helping to redefine and evolve the company's storage, server, and network infrastructure with respect to both software and hardware to meet the needs of a hybrid workplace.
A successful candidate will have familiarity with on-call rotations, supporting 24x7 operations, and is able to navigate various challenges to quickly find solutions for issues with the aforementioned infrastructure. Not every problem will have a clear starting point so you should be comfortable dealing with ambiguity to assess and manage risks and have situational awareness to anticipate and resolve potential issues. If you enjoy solving these complex technical and business problems from the ground up, we are interested in you.
Innovation and creativity are built into the DNA of the company and are encouraged at all levels of employment. One of our team tenets is to embrace learning (to improve yourself) and teaching (to improve the team) so paid training is readily available for you. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Assist with the day-to-day systems administration, project implementations, and IT operations.
• Provide hands-on support of Audible's infrastructure (hardware, software, and OS) including but not limited to servers, workstations, and networking.
• Contribute to the team's infrastructure technology planning to ensure site resiliency as well as hardware lifecycle management.
• Maintain and enforce Information Security policies such as application security, identity and access management, disk and file level encryption solutions, governance, compliance and audit.
• Assist in the continuous development of current software applications, scripts, and automations.
• Monitor infrastructure capacity needs and ensure that systems are capable of handling unanticipated or future utilization.
• Be a primary escalation point for the team and provide technical leadership to appropriate personnel on system administration and engineering activities.
• Work with the team to manage the processing of incoming support requests ensuring effective and timely resolution of issues including coordinating with other departments to ensure problems are satisfactorily resolved.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant work experience.
• 2+ years of experience as a Systems Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer, Dev Ops Engineer or equivalent.
• Experience in the installation, upgrade, configuration, security, performance tuning, capacity planning and backup/recovery of various operating systems and hardware.
• Demonstrate understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP protocols and applications.
• Familiarity with virtualization and clustering, with an emphasis on Hyper-V as well as Amazon Web Services.
• Knowledge of industry best practices and strategies related to IT security, server engineering and administration, monitoring, storage, backup, and high availability is required.
• Proficiency with a modern programming/scripting language such as Python or PowerShell.
• Verbal and written communications skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
• Analytical abilities and proven problem-solving skills.
• Results oriented and delivery focused, with proven experience leading infrastructure and engineering tasks.
• Working knowledge of iSCSI SAN data storage devices.
• Strong ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to operate with autonomy with little oversight or direction.
• Experience with the installation, monitoring, and administration of HVAC, UPS, and MDF/IDF environmental devices.
• Advanced networking knowledge including router and switch administration.
• Advanced application debugging and systems analysis skills to be able to identify and quickly resolve/mitigate issues.
• Vendor and software licensing management experience.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of audio storytelling and spoken-word entertainment, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us