|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
FireTV have an unique position for an experienced, highly technical, structured and visionary technical program manager. Our challenge is to give customers a compelling, secure, and robust experience with a steady flow of new devices and engaging new features throughout the lifetime of the device, and to do all this without skipping a beat.
Technical Program Manager is to help our multi-site device software development teams deliver highly cross-functional features to build the platforms that power our hardware products. You will work closely with different teams including internal and external - ODMs, Brands, GTMs, Accounting, Finance, Hardware, Platform, Backend, and 1P/2P/3P App teams and dependent service teams to plan and coordinate the execution and launch of new products or services, while simultaneously keeping your team focused on meeting their own commitments. Program Managers at FireTV must be capable of sorting through many competing priorities, diving deep into details to help problem solving, defining processes that improve execution, championing Engineering best practices, executing with agility, and succeeding in a complex and fast paced environment. Working on legacy products as well as managing and planning for future products are part of this role's responsibilities.
This role will test your skills across the board. Massive cross-group coordination? Check. Ability to deeply understand platform level technologies? Check. Hard-core data analysis and reporting? Check. Not to mention: influence technical architecture/design decisions, advocate for awesome user experiences, put in place useful processes, rip out useless processes, get in the code when necessary, and always be inventing a better way to do things.
And while the challenges are big and the pace fast, we have fun while we're at it. It's a high-energy, good-natured, and supportive environment. If you think you have what it takes to help change the world, then apply to join our team, and Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History at Amazon.
Want to learn and expand your career in products with massive markets? Apply now.
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Own all aspects of a product development end to end - from concept all the way to launch
• Collaborate closely with Business and Engineering to properly understand business case, technical constraints and drive commitments
• Work with remote and multi-site teams to deliver related system (software) components while managing the timelines to match hardware development and launch requirements
• Communicate regularly with senior management on status, risks, and change control
• Where needed, improve processes for completeness and better efficiency
• Be expected to dive deep into the technical details of the program
• Dive deep in dissecting and resolving customer reported, technical issues
• Proactively solve day-to-day challenges and exercise sound judgment
• Experience with leading engineering and/or program management teams
• Android and/or distributed architecture experience - ability to deep dive up to code level and surface issues/dependencies
• Experience in delivering and sustaining a product, preferably in the consumer device space
• Experience defining KPI's/SLA's used to drive multi-million dollar businesses
• Experience in establishing scalable cross functional procesess and using tools such as Jira/Confluence to enhance productivity
• Superior communication skills - both written and oral