|Category||Operations, IT, & Support Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, providing virtualized infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and many other services to customers all over the world. AWS runs a globally distributed environment, operating at massive levels of scale. Businesses, educational institutions and governments depend on AWS for secure cloud services and solutions.
In this position you will be responsible for creating new business insights and developing strategies that will enable the Public Sector Org sales organization to continue to evolve and grow. As a key member of the Strategic Priorities and Goals Management team, you will take ownership of existing programs while also driving net-new initiatives from inception to execution to measuring outcomes. You will analyze various areas of the business, leading recommendations for senior leadership and ultimately play a critical role in implementation.
In this role, you will:
• Analyze performance data to identify trends and opportunities that translate into business insights for the sales organization
• Use business insights developed from analytics projects to drive strategic priority recommendations to support the growth of the organization
• Work with key stakeholders to accelerate adoption of strategic priorities
• Develop reporting requirements and perform analysis on various areas of the business, working both individually and with internal analyst
• Write business papers and deliver recommendations to executive leadership
• Assist with analytical projects focused on deep insights that enable goal and performance management decisions
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
• 8+ years of experience in the areas of sales planning/strategy, and/or sales operations, finance, business management, in mid-to-large scale global sales organization
• 5+ years of excel experience (or other analytical applications) conducting creative analysis of complex data and translating the results into actionable deliverables/business reviews.
• 2+ years in a B2B sales environment to include sales organizational structures, indirect channel, sales systems, and industry data used in developing go-to-market strategies
• BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
• Able to work in a diverse team
• Exhibits sound business judgment, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership and delivering programs to support and grow a business.
• Effective verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Experience interacting with sales leadership and establishing credibility as a strategic partner
• Experience working within a high-growth, technology company would be beneficial
• Familiarity with Public Sector market
• Experience using BI/Data visualization tools (Tableau)
• Self-motivated, action-oriented, multi-tasking individual with a great sense of urgency and follow-through
• Able to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization that is rapidly growing
• Detail oriented and driven with focus on accuracy as well as understanding
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us