|Category||Hardware Development||Job type||Full Time|
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Sr. Audio Engineer, you will be a part of a highly motivated and talented audio team on a mission to bringing the most innovative smart audio products to customers - from initial product concepts, prototyping, demonstration and manufacturing. This role is a big part of creating the best music listening and voice interaction experience to all customers of Amazon devices. In particular, you will:
• Design innovative speaker and microphone array systems using state of art engineering tools and techniques
• Collaborate with research scientists and software engineers to tune and optimize audio signal processing algorithms for music and speech processing
• Design and source transducers, amplifiers, codecs and other sub-components for the system wide optimization
• Follow through manufacturing process to ensure the highest build quality
• Test and validate hardware/software quality issues pre and post production
• Develop modeling and automated test tools
• Lead design reviews and cross-functional meetings
• Requires travel 10-20% of the time domestically and internationally
• The AHDE in Shenzhen is responsible for direct onsite support and any offsite lab testing and support of Amazon projects and builds with the Contract Manufacturer (CM)
• Bachelor's degree in Acoustics, Physics, EE, ME or related field
• 5+ years of relevant experience in audio product development
• Experience with lumped acoustic modeling with commercial package or custom software
• Knowledge of audio digital signal processing fundamentals - sampling, bit resolution, spectral analysis, transfer function calculations, filtering and convolution
• Knowledge of analog filter and power amp design
• Experience with running FEM model of transducer or room acoustics using Comsol, Actran or similar packages
• Experience with writing Matlab or Python scripts for acoustic testing and data analysis
• Experience with acoustic measurement instruments - free field microphones, binaural manikins, mouth simulators etc.
• Experience with audio data acquisition and analysis systems such as Lab View, Audio Precision, SoundCheck etc.
• Experience in CAD in NX , SolidWorks or similar
• Knowledge of analog/digital MEMS microphone specs - SNR, AOP, sensitivity etc
• Master's or PhD in the relevant field
• Track record of inventing new acoustic design for speakers, headphones or microphone array applications
• Experience working on high volume consumer electronics
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.