|Category||Hardware Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
|City||Virtual Location - Colorado|
Project Kuiper is a new initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
Come join us at Amazon!
Create FPGA solutions to support Amazon Project Kuiper's satellite communication system. This is a unique opportunity to define a groundbreaking new system with few legacy constraints. The Sr. FPGA design engineer will work with systems teams to define/develop/implement/test/release FPGA based solutions to enable Project Kuiper. This will focus on creating digital designs for networking functions using the latest generations of FPGA technologies and modern FPGA design processes and tools.
In this role you will:
• Create and release FPGAs through the development phases of uArchitecture-RTL Design-Physical Implementation-Timing Closure-Simulation Validation- Lab Based Silicon Validation
• Collaborate with network communication system architects to define and design/implement/test/release/support networking functions targeted to FPGA technology
• Collaborate with Digital Communications/RF/Signal Processing system architects and design engineers to implement digital logic functions in FPGA technology
• Collaborate with system architects and design engineers to implement digital logic functions in FPGA prototypes to validate/tradeoff architecture & design alternatives
• Collaborate with systems architects, HW engineering design teams & FW/SW design teams to bring up and test systems combining FPGA, firmware, RF, and Networking functions.
• Drive trade-off analysis to benefit customer experience and optimization of target technology resources for cost/size/power/performance/features
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at a minimum base salary of $123,300/yr. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, related discipline, or 10 + years of FPGA experience
• 7+ years of experience in FPGA design & implementation
• Experience with System Verliog RTL coding
• Record of success in the design, test, delivery, support of multiple FPGAs shipping to customers
• Experience with Intel & Xilinx FPGAs
• Experience with modern ASIC / FPGA design and verification tools
• Experience with uArchitecture, RTL coding, FPGA optimization for timing & power, simulation, and validation
• Experience with HLS
• Experience with Computer Networking Systems from Layer2 to Layer4
• Experience with TCP/IP Systems
• Experience with current and upcoming RF standards in cellular (4G/5G), WiMAX, 802.11ad, microwave backhaul, DVB-S2 / DVB-C, or similar broadband wireless standards
• Proven track record of successfully fielding and supporting FPGA and ASIC products
• Good analytical, problem solving and communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us