|Category||Software Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Are you a Software Engineer with a passion for building great, innovative experiences? Are you tired of people focusing on their phones rather than mingling during gatherings? Do you want to build products that help people focus on sharing real moments together instead of building a virtual life? If so, then this is the team for you! Join us!
Alexa Communications is reinventing the way customers connect with one another in a genuine and meaningful way. We are building products that make it easy even effortless for customers, including the elderly, to connect with loved ones. Customers keep telling us how happy they are to see their children connect with their grandparents regardless of where they are in the world. We have even had reports of people using Alexa to call someone during emergencies to ask for help when they couldn't reach their phones.
We are literally saving lives and we have only just begun to scratch the surface of how Alexa can help people. If this excites you, then you should be here. Come join us and let's make history together!
As a key member of the Alexa Communications team you will be an innovator, playing a direct role in shaping and building products that customers love, with the power of Amazon's technology at your disposal. You will be part of a strong team in a fast-paced, start-up like environment where agile development is embraced and innovation is encouraged. At Amazon, every engineer has the opportunity to positively impact millions of customers and you will be called on to identify and realize these opportunities.
• Work closely with product and design teams to influence overall product strategy
• Working with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technologies and evaluate technical feasibility
• Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, quality products
• Building highly scalable, reliable and available distributed services leveraging AWS Cloud
• Contributing to operational excellence, constructively identifying problems and proposing solutions
• Writing clean, maintainable code and performing peer code-reviews
• Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
• Find new ways to solve challenging problems every day
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• 10+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Experience designing and developing distributed software applications and services using Java, Scala, Go, C#, or C++, and Object Oriented Design
• AWS Cloud experience
• Familiarity with frontend development
• Demonstrated ability to take a project from requirements gathering and design to actual product launch
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, the ability to learn and adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment
• Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined challenges through strong problem solving skills and effective communication
• Innovative, creative, flexible and passionate about building highly scalable services
• Self-motivated with the ability to design and write high-performance, reliable, and maintainable code
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us