|Category||Software Development||Job type||Full Time|
AWS Identity platform provides the bedrock for secure and continuous access to all services. By quickly connecting millions of users across the world, we empower organizations and enterprises to accelerate their cloud and digital transformation. Identity provides services that enable customers to control who can access what in the cloud. Our services enable identity, resource, and access management as well as governance across all of our customers' accounts. We support all services in all regions around the world, and 100% of customers use our services. We take our responsibility for securely enforcing access control for customers as our absolute top priority.
As part of the AWS Identity org, Sign-In team owns user authentication portal and its related services. These services handles user logins via credentials, multi-factor auth (MFA), mobile logins, and federation via 1st party and 3rd party identity providers. We are looking for an enterprising software development manager (SDM) to help incubate a new engineering team to design, build and launch a large-scale service and features that will enhance security postures and improve user experiences for a seamless sign-in workflow.
This is an opportunity to design, build and operate systems on a massive scale, and to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing. At Amazon, SDMs own the structure and strategy of their product. You'll own the goals, end-to-end development, and support of your team's roadmap. You'll work with stakeholders across to collaborate and launch new services. You will own ensuring your service can to support your customers; integrating with multiple services across all regions. You will partner with engineering managers and senior engineers to coach your team through scalable and highly-available technology choices. If this excites you, come join us and help continue to write the cloud computing story for the industry.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent (MS, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc)
• 4+ years' experience building and managing high performance software development teams
• Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 production environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information concisely to executives and non-technical leaders
• Experience in hiring and managing high performing engineering teams
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• Experience with agile software development practices
• Experience building infrastructure software systems for commercial online services
• Domain-level knowledge of security and authentication.
• Experience with federation protocols like SAML and OpenID Connect.
• Experience with mobile development (iOS, Android).
• Experience in hiring and managing multi-site teams