|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
The Support Operations (Support Ops) team provides world-class support to the North America supply chain with initiatives that require complex investigation. With a mix of operational and program expertise, the Support Ops team works with various stakeholders to investigate and resolve supply chain issues. This helps in minimizing the overall business risk and maintaining the high Amazon quality bar. An aspect of Support Ops is to be a bridge between Amazon and our global Selling Partners. The Support Ops operations team works directly with our global Selling Partners to resolve their issues, and eliminate overall Seller pain-points. At the same time, the Support Ops program team works on the back-end to gather these insights and to use them to build programs and products that ensure our Seller Partners get the best selling experience on Amazon.
As a Program Manager III on the Support Ops team, your responsibility is to identify, and lead programs/projects targeted at improving the overall Seller Experience (SX). You focus primarily on solving seller fraud and defect issues and partner with corporate and field-based teams on projects targeted at fixing the root-cause. You deep-dive existing issues, partner with and influence key stakeholders, and drive change through program and project execution. Independent and flexible with strong communication skills, the successful candidate enjoys solving hard problems and is comfortable balancing business needs against technical constraints. Keys to success include a strong Customer focus, experience in data analysis and project management, experience working in a cross-functional capacity, and a proven track record of delivering operational excellence.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Identify areas of improvement, develop and implement solutions to address these opportunities
• Focus on the key indicators of performance and take action based on data
• Remain flexible to changing priorities, open to new ideas and have Amazon's success firmly in your focus
• Identify and mitigate risks, and remove roadblocks within projects
• Drive periodic follow-up efforts among stakeholders to ensure projects' adequate progress.
• Build and maintain a high quality program/project roadmap, make it constantly visible to management and key stakeholders, and drive projects through to completion
• Bachelor degree or equivalent
• 3+ years of Business Management and/or Operations experience
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes
• Strong project management skills of breaking down tasks, simplifying roadmaps, establishing owners and timelines, and status reporting
• Presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences
• Ability to work across multiple teams to create scalable solutions to monitor business performance and interpret key performance metrics into actionable recommendations
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; bias for action
• Master's Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Operations Research, MBA or related field
• 3+ years of experience as a project/program manager
• 3+ years of experience analyzing cost/benefit of proposed projects
• Intermediate/Advanced Knowledge of SQL and Excel or willingness to learn
• Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing technology concepts, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members
• Ability & willingness to travel as required (10-20% travel possible)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.