|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Alexa is the personal assistant and cloud service that powers the next generation of ambient computing devices, devices designed around your voice. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains. At Alexa Communications, we are inventing the future of global, multimedia communications.
It's still Day One for the Alexa Communications team - we have a lot to innovate and build to make communication through Alexa devices a magical experience. And now you can send a message, make a call, play announcements, or drop in on your closest friends & family via Alexa devices or the Alexa app! The Alexa communications team is working to become the most natural way for people to communicate, and the challenge ahead is significant. We're a high energy, fast growth business excited to have the opportunity to define the future of voice-controlled communications, make Alexa even more useful, and delight customers around the world.
You can be part of the team that connects people together through Alexa! In the role of Senior Technical Program Manager, you are responsible for defining and delivering multimedia solutions with significant technical complexity as well as broad cross-organizational impact. Your work focuses on large engineering efforts that solve complex problems. You are trusted to operate with independence and will be assigned to focus on areas where the business and/or architectural strategy is not yet defined.
The right candidate will possess strong technical acumen along with deep expertise in leading large projects/programs across multiple teams. You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, not hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. You have excellent verbal/written communication skills and are comfortable talking to any Senior Leader. You are known for making hard trade-off decisions and have a strong sense of building the right things for customers. You are able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, as well as roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
You create the correct sense of urgency for delivery. You proactively drive business and system-level reviews, aligning teams toward coherent technology choices and effective engineering processes. You identify gaps/opportunities within/across regions, architectures, and organizations (e.g. services, workflows, tooling).
In this role, you will:
• Build solutions that reach millions of new customers all over the world, providing them innovative, multimedia experiences in their local language.
• Drive SW-based communications features for Alexa-enabled devices and applications.
• Engage with internal partners from different functional teams along with external partners, (e.g. communications equipment/OEM manufacturers, carrier service providers, mobile app developers, architects, hardware engineers and project managers) to drive technical requirements and manage timelines.
• Own the technical planning and delivery of customer products and roadmap
• Manage prioritization and tradeoffs against developer experience, customer experience, and time to market.
• Drive architecture, engineering and integration decisions and timelines with dependency teams
• Establish business processes and policies as well as metrics and indicators for success.
• Develop, report, and continually improve quality and performance metrics
- Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer science or a related technical discipline.
• 5+ years of in technical program management developing interactive consumer applications and/or leading software development projects
• Experience coordinating cross functional and cross organizational teams in software development
• Experience in technical partner management
• An advanced technical degree or MBA
• 5+ years' in technical program management with carrier service providers, mobile platforms, OEM devices, IoT, or embedded devices industry.
• Experience with communications products and protocols (IP messaging, voice, and video).
• Experience with speech-related hardware or software systems
• Previous work experience as a software developer
• Expertise in agile software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including agile estimation and planning, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Knowledge of wireless (WiFi/Bluetooth), embedded computing, IoT, voice processing and/or web services fields.
• Demonstrated ability to engage multiple technical teams to drive consistent expectations towards a shared goal
• Track record for being detail- with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple, fast-paced initiatives
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal and excellent written and verbal communication skills