|Category||Operations, IT, & Support Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
We are looking to hire a motivated Project Lead to join our growing Infrastructure Delivery team. The position responsibilities involve planning the project, deploying the hardware, configuration and fiber connectivity for new data center builds across the EMEA region. The Project lead will work closely with both internal customers and external vendors to facilitate smooth project planning and execution in association with our Technical Program Managers.
Amazon offers a fast paced, fun, and exciting work environment. We continue to grow at exponential rates and are looking for individuals that can support our speed to market, enjoy a challenge, and have a desire for professional growth and continuous learning experiences. Amazon's work environment is unique in every aspect and offers an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate.
Our ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working autonomously, is detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills as well as being competent in all aspects of installation and troubleshooting of networking hardware, software and fiber connectivity. This position requires that you will work with minimum supervision to assist in the development of innovative ways to automate and scale our data center deployments as we expand.
The desire and ability to work in an ambiguous, collaborative environment is essential for success.
**Please apply with your CV / Linkedin Profile in ENGLISH**
• Formal training in TCP/IP and fundamental networking concepts
• Ability to participate in the migration, basic configuration and rollout of new or upgraded hardware
• Broad understanding of infrastructure technologies
• Ability to troubleshoot cabling, networking, routing and inter connectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low to mid-level application interaction
• Knowledge of network cabling, optic types, and test equipment, such as VFL, power meter, and OTDR.
• Ability to manage work and priorities through ticketing and workflow systems
• Experience with cabling infrastructure best practices and methodologies.
• Ability to travel within geographical work area is required, up to 20% travel outside traditional work area may be required possibly including international travel.
• AS/BS in Information Systems, Computer Science or Information Assurance, may be coupled with certifications to include CCNA, CCNP or JNCIA; or 3-5+ years of mid-level and/or enterprise experience as a technician or engineer in a highly dynamic environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Comfortability with medium to large, complex project scopes and ambiguous details within work environment
• Excellent judgement and analytical skills, ability to prioritize tasks based on fluctuating needs
• Strong understanding of major Command Line Protocols (Cisco IOS, JunOS, etc.) and common Networking Protocols (BGP, OSPF)
• Significant background in large scale datacenter network implementations and support.
• Several years of experience working in virtualized enterprise networking environments
• Professional experience with IT best practice frameworks (ITIL, LEAN, AGILE) and Operational Excellence concepts or methodologies is a plus
Other Qualifications & Responsibilities
• Experience dealing with customers during problem resolution and operating efficiently under pressure.
• Strong prioritization and time management ability.